[PARPORT] Finally got SparQ drive working under Debian 2.0!!!

The Shaw Family (shaw89@pobox.com)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:57:35 -0400

Hello,

I just wanted to pass along that I was able to get my SparQ drive
working under Debian 2.0. The problem was that pd.o and epat.o were
never put in /lib/modules/2.0.34/block. For some reason when I
performed a "make modules_install" after rebuilding the kernel these
modules never got moved over even though the paride.o module did.

Now my next problem . . .

I'm able to read and write to the disk as an msdos or vfat disk but
there seems to be a problem with formating a disk in ext2 format. The
format works fine, no errors, but when I try to mount the drive it says
that it has a bad superblock or is a bad filesystem.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Regards,

Mike Shaw
shaw89@pobox.com