Re: [PARPORT] Finally got SparQ drive working under Debian 2.0!!!

Eva R Hocks (hocks@rzri6h.gsi.de)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:59:02 +0200 (CED)

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, The Shaw Family wrote:

> I'm able to read and write to the disk as an msdos or vfat disk but
> there seems to be a problem with formating a disk in ext2 format. The
> format works fine, no errors, but when I try to mount the drive it says
> that it has a bad superblock or is a bad filesystem.
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem?

Yes, I got the same problem with the 2.0.35 kernel. I can write the
partition table but when I want to make the ext2 filesystems the /dev/pd
first had a bad superblock and after the next boot was locked.
Still no problem to access the SysQ from Win95 though.

Any solution ?

Eva.