Re: [PARPORT] Finally got SparQ drive working under Debian 2.0!!!

grant@torque.net
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:15:36 -0400 (EDT)

> Yes, I got the same problem with the 2.0.35 kernel. I can write the
> partition table but when I want to make the ext2 filesystems the /dev/pd
> first had a bad superblock and after the next boot was locked.
> Still no problem to access the SysQ from Win95 though.

Please make sure that you understand the difference between /dev/pda and
/dev/pda1.

Then, give us a full report complete with the commands you executed, the
error messages you got and any "pd" messages from the kernel log. (You
can use dmesg to retrieve those, but it's better to do these tests on
the console - not in X - so you can see the kernel messages.)