Re: [PARPORT] parport scanners?

Philip Blundell (philb@gnu.org)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:31:11 +0100

jgarzik@pobox.com said:

>Do any vendors have the source for their Windows drivers available?

I very much doubt that.

>3) Is there a good general intro to writing a parport drivers, or

Tim Waugh has a KHG article on his web site which is about the best we have in
this respect.

>4) What is the best parport device driver to copy, when doing the
>scanner driver?

I have a suspicion that these scanners may well be using parallel-to-SCSI
adaptors like many disk products do. In which case you might find that one of
Grant's many drivers is the best place to start, or maybe one of them will
already work.

p.