[PARPORT] Re: [patch] Epson Stylus Color 740 & lp irq driven

Philip Blundell (pb@nexus.co.uk)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:02:36 +0200

In message <199810152315.TAA02248@gear.torque.net>, "David Campbell" writes:
>I think we need to settle on a standard and then declare some printers
>broken.

The default configuration needs to be able to work on any printer that someone
can reasonably be expected to want to use. It looks like this means we have
to stick with polling. We can declare some printers "broken" if they fail to
work with optional enhancements like IRQ-driven printing but the base
functionality has to work with everything.

p.