Re: [PARPORT] [PARPORT} Backpack CD and Thinkpad 755CX

grant@torque.net
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:18:26 -0400 (EDT)

> I tried setting the CMOS to Bi-Directional as suggested to no avail.

Do you mean that you succeeeded in changing the mode and it didn't help,
or that you couldn't change the mode ?

Try giving the extra option "verbose=1" when you load the backpack driver
and then report the relevant messages from the ALT-F4 screen.

> I also tried to force the mode but I am not sure that I did that correctly.
> Using the RedHat 5.0 installation I specified -mode 1 on the additional
> options line prior to the installation locating the drive. This did not work
> either.

Show me the ALT-F4 messages, and I'll tell you the correct syntax for
changing the mode, if necessary.