Re: [PARPORT] SparQ 1GB

David Nicholas John Clarke (D.N.J.Clarke@reading.ac.uk)
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:57:36 GMT

> The unresponsiveness is happening because the driver is retrying over and over
> to flush out the dirty buffers, but not succeeding. There's not a lot
> that can be done about that - the system is valiantly trying not to lose your
> data.

I ran fsck on /dev/pda1 and it reported errors and proceeded to fix them, I then did another copy and same thing happened again. How can I make sure a cart has no errors?

PS. It was formatted as DOS previously, could this be related? The cart works fine under SyQuest software in Win98 and mounted as type msdos under linux!

Dave