Re: [PARPORT] Archives? Lexmark 5700? Visioneer Paperport Strobe?

David Campbell (campbell@torque.net)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 07:21:37 +0800

From: D.N.J.Clarke@reading.ac.uk (David Nicholas John Clarke)
To: davidross@bigfoot.com

> Lexmark 5700 is a Windows only printer, I have one myself,
> if you manage to find any Linux drivers for even plain text let me know.

I don't think you have given Lexmark a chance just yet:
http://www.lexmark.com/service/support.html

Also check ftp.lexmark.com, what you should look out for is a document
that outlines the low level protocol for printing (eg: how to set fonts, etc).
At least with HP you can order the a nice bound book with all the details (in
fact they used to ship it with the printer :-)

Perhaps Lexmark TechSupport can point you in the right direction (either
where the file is or the part number for the tech document).

Providing you can lay your hands on that info then it should be fairly easy to
hand it to a ghostscript expert to form a driver.

David Campbell
campbell@torque.net

Current project list:
a) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (documentation needed)
b) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome