Re: [PARPORT] RedHat rant (prepend usual disclaimers...)

Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:06:35 +0000 (GMT)

> In my view, RedHat exemplifies the `Upgrade of the Week' mentality that
> causes propronents of other unices to chuckle. May I site glibc?

glibc is now standard. There are lots and lots of technical reasons
for using it (including the fact a lot of commercial vendors would never
have ported products to libc5). libc5 is officially dead.

Anyway thats an aside.

> Just blowing steam - forgive the polemic but please consider the request
> to support slackware (or susie or little debbie... ;-)

Why don't you support it ? You've got the drive and you like slackware. Drop
Patrick an email and ask him for some instructions. From then on you can
keep a bpcd image around, and unlike Pat you probably have such a drive

Alan