Re: [PARPORT] RedHat rant - late followup

Thomas Good (tomg@nrnet.org)
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 11:17:48 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> I don't have slackware recipes, its been a very long time since my last
> slackware install was replaced. My original comment still stands - I assume
> Pat V has the recipe for his own kernels.

I was asking for a general guide - I have the slackware kernel src.
My reckoning was that I could muddle through this as a side project.

Alas - - -

If you have nothing for me to go by - even for the dreaded RedHat -
I will move on. Although I'd like to see this through, I don't see
it as a burning issue. It would be *nice* to have the bpcd driver
readily available for others but I'm not on a mission here...must
get back to what they pay me for...

Pat's last comment on this subject (some months ago) was that he felt
he had built the boot image correctly. I rather doubt he views this
as a pressing issue either - I am probably the only advocate of bpcd
that he's been pestered by...

Whatever the outcome - thanks for your time,
Tom

    ----------- Sisters of Charity Medical Center ----------
                    Department of Psychiatry
                              ----
 Thomas Good, System Administrator <tomg@q8.nrnet.org>
 North Richmond CMHC/Residential Services Phone: 718-354-5528
 75 Vanderbilt Ave, Quarters 8 Fax: 718-354-5056
 Staten Island, NY 10304 www.panix.com/~ugd
                              ----