[PARPORT] Re: HP7200e on parallel port via PARIDE: data flow interruption

grant@torque.net
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 06:59:17 -0500 (EST)

> I used the option "testport -epp" to set the parallel port to EPP but
> I still get similar error when trying to write a CD (see logs below).

These are good results. I did not expect the effect of "testport -epp" to
stick. For that to happen, you would have to warm boot from DOS into
Linux (LOADLIN can do this, if you want to investigate it).

What I'm going to do is to send you some hints on how to collect a
trace of testport doing its thing. You'll need to have DOSemu 0.66.7
(or nearby) installed. I'll need to give you some "ports" statements
for your dosemu.conf file. I'll try to get that to you later today.

> P.S. By the way, does my mailer finally work?

Yes. Hooray !