Re: [PARPORT] Re: IEEE 1284 development

Nicolas Souchu (nsouch@teaser.fr)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 22:26:05 +0000

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 04:55:32PM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Bjorn Ekwall wrote:
>
>>I plan to have an alpha version available for other people to see
>>sometime before Christmas.
>
>Tim has just implemented the IEEE 1284. For the IEEE 1284.3 things are a
>bit more difficult since we' ll need to change the core parport_share code
>(parport_claim() in particular).

Couldn't the IEEE1284.3 standard be implemented as a regular driver? It
would just share the port with others, at least with drivers that
operate with the terminal peripheral of the daisy chain.

--
nsouch@teaser.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org