[PARPORT] Devicenames PARIDE

MatthSchulz@gmx.net
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:58:38 -0500

I just installed a LINUX 2.0.29 as an altenative OS in order to learn
about and perhaps in some time to cancel WIN...
I copied the files from the CD to a free Partiotion on the harddisk.
But for dselect i'd like to use my Freecom Power CD.

So i installed right even PARIDE 0.94 downloaded from the link on:
http://www.torque.net/parport/paride.html

It looks fine so far:

debian: rmmod lp
debian: insmod paride
paride version 0.94 installed
debian: insmod frpw
paride frpw registered as protocol 0
debian: insmod pcd
pcd0: frpw 0.94, Freecom (Xilinx) adapter at 0x378 using mode 1 (8-bit)
pcd0: Master: CD-Rom CR-581
debian:

I could not mount it to my tree.

What devicename i have tu use?