[PARPORT] ppuser

Thomas Sailer (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch)
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 15:24:47 +0100

Tim

I've had a brief look at your ppuser. This is
seriously cool stuff! Immediatley at least
3 uses came to mind...

For example, I have programs that need to fiddle
with the parport directly. ppuser would make
them more safe as it would prevent other drivers
from simultaneously accessing the same parport.

If extended slightly, ppuser could make
things like baycom_epp.c a user mode driver!

However, it isn't of much use currently for
me as long as it isn't widely available,
so I'd like to urge you to get it into
the mainline kernel sources soon...

Tom