Re: [PARPORT] Dell Optiplex GX1, HP Surestore 7200e and linux.

Dan Lilliehorn (dl@dl.nu)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:04:52 +0100 (CET)

> But, I forgot that you are using a built-in driver, rather than modular.
>
> So, now I'm puzzled as to why the DOSemu trick even works - I would have
> expected the BIOS to reset the port to ECP mode ... Am I missing
> something about your setup ?

I am now using modules, works better... Better control, don't have
to reboot all the time etc. :-)

What line should I use instead of:
/sbin/insmod pg drive0=0x378,0,0,2,1,0

to make the pg module use epp with delay 0. Can I just replace the 2 with
5?

Anyway, now the burning went perfect. Fifo 100% all the time. I'll try a
speed=2 burn next time...

Thanks again!

/dl