Re: [PARPORT] parallel port colour quickcam's

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 20:02:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, RHS Linux Abuser wrote:

> bash# /sbin/modprobe c-qcam
> Connectix Colour Quickcam driver v0.02
> /lib/modules/2.2.2/misc/c-qcam.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

When this happens, check your system logs, or try 'dmesg'. c-qcam has
probably told you what the problem is.

> I read the documentation for the parport drivers to make sure i had
> everything set up correctly, and when i checked /dev i realized that there
> are no parport* devices. I couldnt find anything in the readme's about
> what major/minor these devices should get. I think that may be the problem
> to the qcam.

That's not the problem, because /dev/parport* don't exist yet. Check
linux/Documentation/parport.txt for more information.