Re: [PARPORT] after cdrecord -multi.. mount leaves a 0byte File /mnt/cdrom, ECP issue?

Zach Pardos (security@solarweb.com)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:39:40 -0600

BROWN Nick wrote:

> >After appending to a unclosed CD (earlier written in windowz ),
> when I tried to
> >mount it a 0 size /mnt/cdrom FILE was created, evidentally deleting
> the
> >pre-existing /mnt/cdrom dir. when I loaded the pcd module and
> mounted the cd in
> >my HP CDRW, all files showed up except for thoes I had just tried
> to append. Is
> >this a cdrecord or parport related issue. Suggestions appreciated
> for both.
>
> Quite possibly neither... reading back multi-session CDs is one of those
> experiences which produce nostalgia in people who used to try to get three
> add-in card drivers to work in CONFIG.SYS under DOS... it doesn't always
> work. It can be quite hardware-dependent. Can you read the same CD
> correctly on the same drive with "another" operating system ? Some drives
> just can't read multi-session CDs at all.

> |\ | o _ |/ Life's like a jigsaw
> | \| | |_ |\ You get the straight bits
> But there's something missing in the middle
>
> Nick Brown, Strasbourg, France (Nick(dot)Brown(at)coe(dot)int)

Before attempting to append data with cdrecord, my CDROM was able to read the
muti windowz sessioned CD, adding the `-o loop` option to mount elicites the
same result as mounting /dev/pcd0, not sure what's the porblem, however I'll
try writing in the 2.2.x parport patched kernel.
ICQ 4824402

Zach Pardos
Solarweb Development