Re: [PARPORT] Problems with IOMEGA-ZIP-Drive

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 3 May 1999 12:37:26 +0100 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Andreas Grupp wrote:

> 3.) Inserting the ppa-module fails with the message that the device is
> busy or ... (I actually can't see the exact message :-).

Use the 'dmesg' command to see the most recent kernel messages. Then
you'll see the actual complaints from the drivers.

Have you tried playing around with the BIOS setting of the parallel port?

> 6.) The parport-Version is something with 2.xx? The newest version I
> found under torque.net is 1.xx!?

The 'parport' code itself doesn't really have a version number. As for
ppa/imm, I think that the latest code is in the 2.2 kernel.

If you run out of things to try, you could take a look at patch-2.2.7-ctr
(ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport; it's against clean 2.2.7), which fixes
a bug which might affect you.