[PARPORT] parport merge

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:27:12 +0100 (GMT)

Hi guys,

I've been merging my tree with Linus' 2.3 tree, and after 2.3.6 is
released I'll have this much left, which I think I'll send to Linus all in
one lump:

http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport/patch-2.3.6-pre1-merge1-pre1.gz
ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/patch-2.3.6-pre1-merge1-pre1.gz

These are against clean 2.3.6-pre1.

What's there is basically the rest of the tmw tree, except for ppuser. It
can't sensibly be split up any further, as IEEE 1284 (and 1284.3) and the
interface changes overlap quite a bit.

I can't really do much on the non-PC low-level drivers, since I don't have
the appropriate build environments to hand. I know that parport_ax won't
even build, for example, and I suspect the same may be true of the others.

If anyone feels like having a go at fixing up the low-level drivers that
the new interface has broken, that would be great -- either before 2.3.6,
or else after this merge.

After this gets merged (hopefully in a couple of weeks), I'll look at
fixing up ppuser. Incidentally, if anyone can think of a better name for
that, _please_ let me know!