[PARPORT] Newbie question....

Hari Parameswaran (harip@technauts.com)
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 18:18:05 -0400

Um,

I have been asked by my manager to checkout if the following scenario is

possible with Linux. We want a Linux box to tap an existing connection
to a printer and read the information that goes into the printer and
store
it locally on the machine (there is a complex scenario at a client site
where this is needed). The parallel port on the Linux server supports
the
EPP/ECP mode. My knowledge in this field is pretty minimal, so I really

could use some pointers at places where I can start looking for some
information about how to go about doing this.

Thanks