Re: [PARPORT] Setting up a second parallel port

Philip Blundell (Philip.Blundell@pobox.com)
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:43:44 +0100

>> I have an array of leds connected to the data pins of the parallel port
>> and with a 1k resistor in series to the ground pin.
>> Nothing happens. In a desperate attempt I also tried it with the onboard
>> port and nothing happened as well.
>
>I don't know why that doesn't work. What is the actual I/O address that
>Windows reports?

It could be that the Windows driver does something magic to set the port up
initially. Driving LEDs directly from the parallel port may not be that great
an idea though, I have a feeling the maximum current source capability of your
average port is not very high.

p.