Re: [PARPORT] Philips CDD3610 works apart from 1 small problem

grant@torque.net
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:34:42 -0400 (EDT)

> Having got the CDD3610 working, burning a few different types of
> information to rewritables, I decided to plug the external sound ports
> to the sound card's input and try playing a music CD from
> it. Unfortunately, cdplay (from cdtools) returns the following message
> and the CD doesn't play :-
>
> cdplay: ioctl cdromplaytrkind

This is a known bug in pcd. Some players work if they avoid that
particular function.

As it happens, Jens Axboe is working to move all the SCSI-style audio
playing code into the CD-ROM mid-layer (cdrom.c), removing the essentially
identical code from the IDE, SCSI and PARIDE CD-ROM drivers.

Hopefully, that will be the end of this bug.