Re: [PARPORT] parport: Printer ignores data (fwd)

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:29:27 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Philip Blundell wrote:

> on again provides help. However, I also can=B4t print anything with the
> printer being online. lpq shows information like "...printing..." but the
> job seems to go to nowhere. The printer does not notice the data. If I

Hello Jens,

Can you ever get anything to print, or is it just sometimes that it fails?
Also, have you ever managed to get this particular printer model to work
with Linux?

Something useful to try is to make sure that you're not overriding the
default I/O, IRQ and DMA settings with wrong values:

# # start with no modules loaded
# insmod parport
# insmod parport_pc
# insmod lp