Re: [PARPORT] parport: Printer ignores data (fwd)

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:41:43 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Jens Huenerberg wrote:

> Back to my (regarding parport) static kernel. Should I switch off
> autodetection and that's it? Is there a problem in it?

There is clearly a bug somewhere in the autoprobe code, yes.

One bug report I had (which I was unable to follow up on because email to
the guy bounces now) suggested that sometimes the probe code can get
'stuck'. When you find that printing doesn't work, after you've loaded
the parport_probe module, could you take a look in
/proc/parport/0/devices? It _should_ be empty, but if it isn't then this
is the same bug.

Thanks,