Re: [PARPORT] parport: Printer ignores data (fwd)

Jens Huenerberg (jens@all.de)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 22:50:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Tim Waugh wrote:

> > Back to my (regarding parport) static kernel. Should I switch off
> > autodetection and that's it? Is there a problem in it?
>
> There is clearly a bug somewhere in the autoprobe code, yes.

Ok, I will build a new kernel without autodetection.

> When you find that printing doesn't work, after you've loaded
> the parport_probe module, could you take a look in
> /proc/parport/0/devices? It _should_ be empty, but if it isn't then this
> is the same bug.

It is:

[[root@sky /root]# insmod parport
[[root@sky /root]# insmod parport_pc
[[root@sky /root]# insmod lp
[[root@sky /root]# cat /proc/parport/0/devices
 lp
[[root@sky /root]# cat /proc/parport/0/hardware
base: 0x378
irq: none
dma: none
modes: SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2
[[root@sky /root]# cat /proc/parport/0/autoprobe
[[root@sky /root]# insmod parport_probe
[[root@sky /root]# cat /proc/parport/0/devices
 lp
[[root@sky /root]# cat /proc/parport/0/hardware
base: 0x378
irq: none
dma: none
modes: SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2
[[root@sky /root]# cat /proc/parport/0/autoprobe
CLASS:PRINTER;
MODEL:Lexmark Optra LaserPrinter;
MANUFACTURER:Lexmark International;
COMMAND SET:PCL 5 Emulation, PostScript Level 2 Emulation, NPAP, PJL;
[[root@sky /root]#

--
Best regards, Jens