Re: [PARPORT] Is it possible to use a freeport (=Freecom) CD-Star under Linux?

grant@torque.net
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:31:34 -0500 (EST)

> > Is it possible to use a freeport CD-Star under Linux?
> >
> > Freeport Comware later became Freecom. The driver is found at
> > the Freecom-homepage under classic. My notebook is a Thinkpad 755C and linux
> > woks fine on it.

> is my question to stupid or has no one time to help me? :-)
>
> Please help me.

I'm sorry that I haven't responded earlier - but you aren't alone. Other
pressures have kept me completely away from Linux work for the last couple
of months - and there's no end in sight.

Have you tried initialising the driver under DOS and then doing a warm
boot into Linux before attempting to load the frpw driver ? That driver
requires the Xilinx truth table to be loaded into the device before the
driver can talk to it. There were several different model-specific
firmware images for the early models.