Re: [PARPORT] SI-390A parallel to ide problems

From: Tim Coninx (tim.coninx@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 05:42:45 EST

    Tim Waugh wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Tim Coninx wrote:
    >
    > > Ok, about my computer.
    > >
    > > Dual P III with 128MB memory
    > > Debian 2.2 (potato)
    > > Kernel 2.3.41 (with paride, epat and pcd as modules)
    > > Parallel port set in bios on EPP
    >
    > Does it work better in non-EPP bidirectional mode? I know it will be
    > slower, but it's a useful datapoint.

    Ok, before you reply on my previous posting. The modes I tried were
    - EPP 1.7
    - SPP
    - EPP 1.9 (wich worked best)

    I set the bios to once to ECP, but as I didn't enable FIFO queues in the
    kernel, the kernel probably didn't use it (but SPP instead).

    Tomorrow: the ECP side of the story ;-)

    --
    Tim Coninx -*- KULeuven Department of Computer Science
    http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/cwis/research/distrinet/index-english.html