[PARPORT] HP ScanJet 3400C under Linux?

From: Bostjan Muller (neonatus@neonatus.net)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 16:17:05 EDT

    Hi!

    I was recently given a HP ScanJet 3400C (Parallel/USB). It only has drivers for
    win9x and as far as I have searched over inet there is absolutelly no support
    for it under linux anywhere. I even mailed HP for support, they said that they
    support only windooze as far as scanners go. They also said that the 3400c's
    predecessor was 3300c version.

    Now I have a few questions:
    1. Is there any effort being made to make this scanner work in linux?
    2. If not is there any chance to make it work under linux? (I cannot code, so I
       can not do it :(()

    THX in advance!

    Bostjan

    --