Re: [PARPORT] IDE Disk Capacity > 8GB via parallel port

From: Erik Inge Bolsų (knan@mo.himolde.no)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 16:40:10 EST

    On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Rob Levy wrote:
    >The drive I bought (which is housed externally and accessed via the
    >parallel port and then the epat type chip) is a 45GB Western Digital
    >however I can only see the first 8GB.
    >
    >Is there a way to access the entire drive ?

    Interesting question. I haven't tried with mine (a H45 Quickdrive, also
    using an EPAT chip, but no 8+ GB drive to put in it) - but as the latest
    windows drivers claim to support up to 64 GB, it must be possible somehow.

    ( http://www.h45.com/nw_drv/hd136.EXE )

    --
    Erik I. Bolsų | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
    The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to