[PARPORT] Fixed (somehow): ppscsi, epst modules and SMP

From: Adam Warner (mailing_lists@consulting.net.nz)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 03:52:30 EST

    Hi all,

    I am still unable to understand why the ppscsi and epst modules are no longer
    leading to CPU locks in SMP mode after kernel recompiling and the use of
    experimental kernel features.

    The success may have been the result of some combination of these factors:
    (a) Experimental FIFO and DMA kernel support enabled for the parallel port
    connected to the scanner.
    (b) chmod 666 /dev/sg0 (had done this earlier as well).
    (c) judicious use of make mrproper in kernel recompiling instead of just make
    clean (kernel compiling bombed once with make clean even though I had only
    changed one configuration option).

    Regards,
    Adam