Re: [PARPORT] Fixed (somehow): ppscsi, epst modules and SMP

From: Adam Warner (mailing_lists@consulting.net.nz)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 08:21:50 EST

    Hi all,

    Note that the SMP CPU lockups resulting from installing the module epst are
    still there. Just very intermittent.

    The CPU lockups I witnessed onscreen are not in /var/log/messages. I started X,
    exited, issued "reset", but that hung. So I hard reset. The resulting e2fsck
    took out my customised Gnome toolbar (it's back to the initial default).

    Not that these CPU lockups occurred upon installing the module. At no stage had
    I utilised my scanner.

    Regards,
    Adam