Re: [PARPORT] cdrecord 1.10 (write error - loss of streaming) problem

From: T K (zoerg@zworg.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 13:28:48 EST

    I made another attempt at a dummy write awhile ago and it seemed like it
    was going to work until it tried to fix the disc at the end. Since it
    was writing dummy it hung the machine. After a complete reboot I did
    another dummy run with the 'nofix' switch and it completed normally!
    Since that I have done a burn to a rw disc and it too completed
    normally! The only problem is I don't know how to mount the cdrw now to
    read from it. Since the system thinks its a scsi device I tried mounting
    /dev/scd0 but that is now my regular cdrom device. Since I'm a little
    green with linux can someone tell me how to see what the cdrw is
    assigned to?

    The only thing I can think of as to why it didn't work before was that
    there must have been something still running from all the other burn
    attempts. Having the system hang to force the reboot was actually a good
    thing. It cleared whatever was dragging the system down and allowed a
    proper burn. I still have some tests to run but it looks promising now :)