Re: [PARPORT] Installing Linux through a paralel backpack

Lin Zhe Min (ljm@ljm.wownet.net)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 18:13:16 +0800 (CST)

> ActionNote 895c that i have. I have NO idea how to make an install boot
> disk that will recognize the backpack drive. Is this even possible?

Ja. You would have to read /usr/doc/faq/howto/Bootdisk-HOWTO.gz
to get to know how to make a bootdisk. First, you should find a
system properly running Linux. And then you can make a bootdisk
on the system with your CD-ROM driver included in the root fs.
(About root fs, please read the HOWTO then.) And you can try to
boot with the disks you have made on the notebook and see if the
CD-ROM is initiated properly.

..e'osai ko sarji la lojban. ==> Please support the logical language.
..co'o mi'e lindjy,min. ==> Goodbye, I'm Lin Zhe Min.