Re: [PARPORT] Re: L68K: Amiga-Parport-driver

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:02:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Philip Blundell wrote:

>core altogether. We could probably lose the examine_irq() method along the
>way also, since as has been pointed out it doesn't have very well defined
>semantics, and it shouldn't be necessary anyway.

Very well so I can now define the new well defined semantic ;-).

>Maybe it would be better to let Joerg come up with the patch since he seems to
>have a clearer idea of what needs doing.

I think that parport lowlevel developers will feel better without having
to play with spinlocks and other parport scheduling things and I' d like
to not produce code duplication. The way I implemented the call for
parport_examine_irq() (that is defined as return 0 here) got completly
optimized out from the asm if PARPORT..OTHERS is not set.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli