Re: [PARPORT] Can Linux be installed on PP SparQ?

root (root@ufo.westsound.com)
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:11:41 -0700 (PDT)

My best estimate is the parport Sparq is about 20% as fast as my SCSI
drives. And yes, I had problems with data integrity while the Sparq was
configured in 32bit mode while in linux, although no apparent data
integrity problems while using DOS as my OS.

It price and media removability are attractive, but I'm still reading to
determin whether it is the Sparq itself or the chipset on my parport that
was responsible for the data integrity errors.