[PARPORT] Re: Experiment ... parallel port settings on Toshiba 660CDTg

Michel G. Breitfellner (mbreitfe@iso.vilspa.esa.es)
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 14:39:50 +0100

>> So you think that the error message
>> "./cdrecord: Input/output error. start/stop unit: scsi sendcmd: retryable
>> error"
>> does not matter and
>> "./cdrecord: fifo had 128 puts and 0 gets.
>> ./cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 0 times full, min fill was 100%."
>> means that it would have written the CD correctly? I just tried it in "dummy"
>> mode. This evening I can try to burn a CD with this setting
>
>Fixation usually messes up in dummy mode. The min fill 100% means that
>you were able to keep up with the drive's buffers. But, it was a fairly
>small write. Try a dummy run with a much larger image.

The image was not small (553 MB as you can see from the log), that is why I
suspected that something went wrong.

>> "A:\>testport -bidir
>
>It is interesting that this setting allows the delay=0 while using CMOS
>to select bidirectional mode does not.
>
>We will want a trace of this happening - that way you can have a simple
>program to do the job rather than loading DOSemu to load testport ...

>I'd like you to repeat the EPP test again, however. Please power off
>the external drive and disconnect it from your laptop for a few minutes,
>and also reboot the laptop. Then, use testport to set -epp mode and
>load pg with only the verbose=1 parameter. Don't bother trying
>to run cdrecord in the experiment. If the "EPAT" log message does not
>show a mode >= 3, then the port is not in EPP mode.

I will do that this evening.

     Michel G. Breitfellner, PhD
     Calibration scientist for the
     Infrared Space Observatory (ISO) of the