[PARPORT] Re: Experiment ... parallel port settings on Toshiba 660CDTg

grant@torque.net
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:02:19 -0500 (EST)

> The image was not small (553 MB as you can see from the log), that is why I
> suspected that something went wrong.

Mea culpa. I think I got lost in all the data. Looking again at your
messages, I think the drive probably needed to be reset.

One thing that I often forget to point out to people is that when
things get all confused, it is best to disconnect the drive from the
parallel port and power it off. Simply power cycling the drive is
not enough: there is often enough power coming from the parallel port
itself to keep the adapter electronics going - and sometimes even some
of the drive electronics.

So, reset the drive, try the bidir test again - in -dummy mode.