Re: [PARPORT] Syquest EZ-135 Problem {More Info}

grant@torque.net
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 22:19:07 -0500 (EST)

> I will try to boot linux lp=0, as suggested by Grant earlier.

Actually, it looks like you have PLIP in your kernel, too. I don't
know how to turn that off if it is built in - can somebody else help ?

> NET3 PLIP version 2.2 gniibe@mri.co.jp
> plip1: Parallel port at 0x378, using assigned IRQ 7.

> paride: version 0.94 installed

Hunh ???? 2.0.35 comes with a much better version of PARIDE, why is
0.94 here ???

I'd recommend building a new 2.0.35 kernel, and making lp, PLIP and PARIDE
all modules, then you can install or remove each of them as required.