Re: [PARPORT] Parallel floppy drive

Heather Stern (star@starshine.org)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:18:47 -0700 (PDT)

I ate the fortune cookie first, then read what Marcia Rieke wrote:
> If you're mini-pc is a Toshiba Libretto, you need to install
> a special driver for its interface card. See
>
> ftp://ftp.rp.csiro.au/pub/people/dbateman/flash
>
> for instructions and the drivers.
> Marcia Rieke

On the theory that it might be the same chipset or something I took a look.

Thanks anyway, but it's a Ricoh Magio. What I have is not a PC-card floppy,
(Though as a completely side note, if you know how to find a driver for a
Maxell SuperDisk PCcard LS-120, please let me know. I asked the PCMCIA
hypernews forum about that one) I hear that this might also be selling in
Japan as a Thinkpad 235.

What I have is an honest-to-goodness parallel floppy; it has a standard
25 pin tail, and plugs into the parallel port on the back on my system.

Picture of the laptop itself at http://www.ricoh-usa.com/minipc/

  . | . Heather Stern | star@starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting@starshine.org
  ' | ` Sysadmin Support and Training | (800) 938-4078